Frog Game 1
EARLY DEVELOPING SOUNDS. Welcome to the Frog game app. This app was developed by a certified Speech – Language Pathologist and focuses on improving auditory processing through phonological awareness skills that are essential for the development of reading, comprehension and spelling.
Three interactive frog – games; FROG GAMES 1 2 3, tell about Hoppi the frog. An evil wizard put a spell on Hoppi so he lost his speaking voice. To help Hoppi get his speaking voice again you need to help him get to the Magical Castle with the secret that breaks the spell. From Frog game 1 through Frog game 3, you practice the English consonant sounds in the same order as English speaking children acquire them while learning to speak.
Frog Game 1
In Frog Game 1 you help Hoppi find the Spell book that includes the recipe for the magic potion. Hoppi needs to drink the potion to get his voice back. On the way to the Magic Castle you play fun and interactive games with the first early sounds /m, n, b, p, d, t, w, y, and the vowels/. The Sun guides you at every level as far as what to do. You collect stars on the way and can see how far you are in the game.
1. Click the blinking TV in the upper right corner to hear the story in the beginning.
2. In the first round the student needs to finish all the sounds in each “board” first through the difficulty level provided. Then they can play as they want and go back and forth. This is important so that they do not skip through everything to begin with.
3. In Frog Games 1, 2 & 3 you play with the sounds provided in each one.
The sounds and letters are practiced in interactive games with focus on:
– Fingerspelling ASL, capital and lower case letters
– Phonemic awareness
– Sound discrimination
– Picture/sound recognition and recall
– Text/word; sight recognition and sound recall (naming speed)
– Vocabulary with hundreds of illustrated pictures by artists for the app
– Visual and interactive reinforcement
– The app is for children from 4 – 5 yrs. through elementary school. It gives a possibility for choosing easier exercise level for beginners.
– No ads
– Parental Gate